- Update From The Women’s Project
- Update on The Womens ProjectPosted 22 hours ago
The petition protesting the termination of Julie Crosby as Artistic Director of the Women's Project gained the signatures of over seven hundred people. The signers included this country's most accomplished theatre artists, leaders, managers, and supporters.
- The Coup Kettle
- The Croup KettlePosted 1 day ago
Waking up sick reminded me of the way I learned to take care of myself from watching what my earliest mentor, Lucy Cummings, did when one of her five charges was taken ill.
- Mother Mary — The Blue Box: Three Lives In Letters
- Mother Mary — The Blue Box: Three Lives In LettersPosted 6 days ago
Having drawn all she could from that source, desperate to go to college, for which she would have to have a scholarship (none of the women in her family had ever dreamed of college), she “dropped out” in the most literal sense, leaving not only school but her mother’s crowded…
- Naming Names — The Blue Box: Three Lives In Letters
- Naming Names — The Blue Box: Three Lives In LettersPosted 2 weeks ago
I realized today...that I never heard anyone in my family or outside of it mention my material grandmother, Sallie Montague Lefroy. This seems particularly strange since it seems I was named for her—seems because no one ever mentioned that either, but since we are both called Sallie Montague, it seems…
- Helena’s Story — The Blue Box: Three Lives In Letters
- Helena’s Story — The Blue Box: Three Lives In LettersPosted 2 weeks ago
As I prepare to let go of the previous trove of letters that make up the body of my next book, The Blue Box: Three Lives in Letters, and that detail the lives of my great-grandmother, grandmother and mother, from 1850 to 1931, I realize that I am most fond…